The BIGGEST mistake we can make when we start to take action on making healthier more healing food choices is this.
We focus on all the things we 'shouldn't' eat. We focus on all the foods we'll be missing. We focus on lack. We think about all the things we aren't allowed and its this focus, this mindset that can totally bugger up our attempts. It basically ensures that we see short-term results because who wants to live a life filled with lack long term? No one.
So this week I share with you one of the fundamental principles I use with all my clients and members and community - EATING MORE. The foods that we focus on eating more not, so that instead of thinking about what NOT to eat we instead focus on ADDING in more of certain foods. And what you find is that in doing this you slowly crowd out the less than awesome foods. In this episode I hit on:
- why we need to make a mindset shift if we want to see lasting results
- the 4 foods to eat more of and ADD into our days
- what that looks like for my own meals
- how much you want to be eating
I also invite you to join me in my Belly Love Workshop - where I am diving deep more into this principle and 3 others that are part of my signature process that ensure you see results that LAST.
One of the most common complaints I hear my community make is that their partner is not very supportive. And while I this can easily be used as an excuse to play the victim (no victims here I am afraid) I know it can also be really hard if you have a whiney partner or flatmate complaining about eating broccoli or someone who just brings home Dairy Milk x4 times a week to 'cheer you up' when you're actually trying to create new emotional coping strategies that don't include Cadburys....
So this week I am chatting to my hubster of 6 years, Joe, and we are talking about how the heck you can get your partner (or family members, flatmates or friends) on board with your health aims/changes/goals.
And this is really important - choosing to create a healthy life take COURAGE. And we don't often acknowledge it. What I talk about here is NOT normal (I hope one day it will be). Taking radical responsibility for your health for the food, you're eating, for you're choices is still quite a radical act. Which is why we need EN-COURAGEMENT, the gift of courage, and ideally we can find that gift in our home.
So how can we make that happen? In this episode, Joe and I talk about
- Why envisioning your partner is important
- The importance of sharing your WHY ...not just complaining
- Why you need to give your partner time and grace if you have a history of yo-yo dieting....as they have had to deal with your emotional breakdowns over the years!
- The easy changes you can make without even telling them
- The 3 actions and ways to get your partner on board ASAP
Subscribe via iTunes here
There was a HUGE part of me that didn't want to address this topic on the podcast. I mean money is a pretty hot topic. SO much room for becoming defensive and weird about it.
But I knew it needed to be done because often this is still a big area that many of us (me included) can act really powerless around it. Like we are a victim of the numbers we have or earn. It's even similar to how we can become victims to that number on the scale or jeans too. And it could be getting in the way of you feeling awesome.
So in this episode, I talk about money, what it is and the time verse money resources spectrum. How health in itself is an amazing resource that require some investment, often of either time and or money or both and why our lack of understanding this, keeps us trapped for 1,5 or 10 years feeling bloated, fatigued and crappy.
This isn't about how to handle your finances by any means , this podcast is to find out if you main area of self-sabotage when it come to your health revolves around the stories we have about money......
JUICY stuff is it not?
So I may make you feel uncomfortable, might tread on your toes but know I share this because it has been and is so deeply my own journey. And its work I have to do regularly in regards to the stories I tell myself around money on a day to day basis.
Questions I ask you in the podcast (they will make more sense once you've listened!)
- Where are you on the TIME ------ MONEY spectrum?
- Have you lost hope when it comes to your health?
- Do you know you're worth it?
- Find out what kind of Gut Goddess you are with my FREE Health Assessment Quiz HERE
- The Sweet Treat Collection Recipe eBook HERE
- Selfish is the new selfless - listen to this episode here
This week we hit on 3 ESSENTIAL areas of health that could be affecting you ...without you even knowing about it!
- Ditching the dieting culture
- Thyroid issues and overcoming Hashimoto's
- Adrenal fatigue and overexercising.
Juicy - yes?! And this conversation is so jam-packed and juicy because, both myself and fellow nutrition health geek Lauren Gayfner - who also lives with a thyroid condition, adrenal fatigue and more.
In this week's episode, we talk about
- What to do when everything comes back 'normal' in blood tests
- Why is easy to let the dieting mentality leak into your 'real food' journey and tons more.
- How she fell off the wagon when she had kids and how she got her healthy groove back
- What she did after waking up crying every morning
- Being fobbed off around your health and what to do about it
- Ongoing adrenal fatigue - her story.
- Discovering her thyroid issue and how this impacts her life
Lauren is also a nutritional therapist and runs the Secret Kitchen Club and is a wealth of information when it comes to all things real food.
So if your sick of being tired, wondering if you have a thyroid issue, want to know more about 'adrenal fatigue' - then grab those earplugs and tune in!
Wondering why you feel so crap? To find out what on earth is happening in your body and to get a personalised health report on your unique symptoms. Take my quiz today by clicking the image below!
Have you ever felt confused about where to begin and what to actually DO in order to see some changes in your health? Ever been overwhelmed by all the 'good advice' out there and end up giving up and going back to old habits as it just too much to implement at once!
What you need is a ROADMAP. A clear structure and guidance of what the heck to actually focus on .... and what NOT to focus on. So after wracking my brain for the last 6 months, I have finally created a clear roadmap. Having distilled all my knowledge and experience with women down to the four pillars that will help you get to where you want to be and STOP being on and off a 'clean eating' wagon.
I have coined this roadmap as the 'Belly Love Methodology', four-pillar process that is going to help you see some result in your fabulous body- that actually last! I KNOW that the world of health and nutrition can be totally overwhelming and confusing - you can easily find 3 different articles that are going to tell your 3 contradictory things about how to support your IBS ..... So I wanted to add a BIG dose of CLARITY to everyone in my community be showing you the four most important things to consider if you are serious about feeling more awesome.
In this episode I talk about:
- what you gut has to do with your sex hormones and belly fat
- the reason diets don't work long-term
- the basic principles around what to actually eat
- why your mood and mental health depend on your gut
- why we ALL need to support our digestion whether or not we have digestive issues.
And if you are ready to sort out your belly, your relationship with food and create habits that are sticker than raw honey - the make sure you join me for my Beat the Bloat Challenge & Workshop!
>> Kicks off Wednesday 27th June <<
I am going to be hosting an indepth training workshop and then following it up with a 5-day challenge to help you implement the things you need to do to see MASSIVE shifts in your body - ASAP!
This is something that I just HAD to talk about. Sure its a bit of a messy, confusing, loaded topic but there was something in my spirit that said - this is the time to talk about this.
And when it comes to a weird and wonderful relationship with food, I could win a prize. I joined my first diet club when I was 11 years old and I share more about my 'dieting' journey and indoctrination to all things calories and 'weekly weigh-ins' in the podcast. It has taken me a good few years to unpick this programming for sure, but weight loss is a really important topic to look at. Mainly because it still really matters to some women and it does impact our health - to varying degrees - but its a damn confusing area isn't it!?
So in this episode, I am looking at
- My own journey and 'diet culture' indoctrination, that started at age 11
- Why our weight is not to blame for everything
- The toxic judgments we have in our culture about overweight people
- What is excess fat and what it does on the body
- The impact of weight on your health - how important is it?
- My views and hesitations about the body positivity movement...
- What to focus on if you do want to lose weight
- The 3 questions to ask yourself and the 3 things to 'track' if you want to lose weight (that have nothing to do with scales)
So click the box below to listen and stream from this page or subscribe via Itunes here
I also invite you to join me in my upcoming Beat the Bloat Workshop!!! In this free training and 5-day implementation challenge, I am going to share with you some new training of my 4 pillars to lasting health, a flatter belly and YOU feeling good! So if you're bloated and not in love with your belly (or energy hormones for that matter) then make sure you join me in the workshop.
There 3 different time slots that will suit you and the first workshop kicks off Wednesday 27th June at 8pm which will then be followed up by 5 days of online coaching to help you implement everything you learn in the workshop
Do you ever feel stuck? You set good intentions at the start of the week/month/year on how to get fitter, eat better, tackle your hormones or bloating...but nothing changes.
I speak to women all the time who are thinking of working with me in my one to one nutrition practice and the common theme is that they're stuck and they have been for a while. Some women I speak to have struggled with heavy painful periods for 25 YEARS! Or have been bloated daily since they can remember. Why? Because they are paralysed, feeling hopeless, have no idea how to begin and trapped by their own thoughts.
So this week we have the wonderful Jane who is an Unstuck Coachjoining us and we are going to unpack how you get can get out of your own way and see some awesome progress in all areas of your life. We talk about:
- how Jane got unstuck after 25 years
- my own journey with anxiety and disordered eating and the strategies I've used.
- Jane's KICSTART method to which it SO incredibly helpful
- how to bring about LASTING change in your health and eating habits
- and the fact that you are not your thoughts- perhaps the most favourite topic of our interview.
So make sure you subscribe to my podcast, click above to listen and be in touch via the comments below or message me via Facebookor Instagram! I genuinely love to hear from you and am happy to answer your questions.
There is one thing I hear time and time again from clients, potential client and women in my Nourish community.
And that is that they are tired.
Like super tired. And for some many souls, it's not always because of getting rubbish sleep, it's just that they feel SO much more tired than they ever used too. And then that can often lead to sugar cravings, a depending on tea or coffee and increased crappy feelings.
Which is why I wanted to do a deep dive episode into your Adrenals. Whether you've heard the term 'adrenal fatigue'baned round the internet or have no idea what you adrenals are, I am going to tell you everything you need to know about how you adrenal can not only impact your energy but also your weight, sleep, digestion and so much more.
So we are going to look at
- what your adrenals are and what they do
- adrenal fatigue - it is real, can you chat with your Dr about it and the term I prefer
- what it looks and feels like to have 'wonky' adrenals
- how to support your adrenal and recover
- simple ways to get your energy back
But how do you know if you have adrenal issues going on? Well I have jsut the answer for you lovely - I created the Gut Goddess Quizto help you get CLEAR on what on earth is going on with your beautiful body.
To take the FREE Quiz and get some tailored advice on how to support your body.
Have you ever gotten so focused, so obsessed with a certain health goal that it's actually become unhealthy, weird and exhausting?Maybe its an athletic goal, a weight loss goal, or for many women the 'goal' of getting pregnant.
I can't tell you how many women I have spoken to that have focus on doing 'everything' perfectly when it comes to their fertility and yet are still struggling.
That is why this week's episode with Fertility Coach Melanie Cowell is so powerful! We dive into to topics that every women needs to hear.
In the episode we talk about
- masculine and feminine energy- what this means and how it shows up in our lives and healthy journey.
- Mel's own fertility journey
- the para sympathetic state and why most of use struggle with this
- the power of breathing, pleasure and sleep
- all the non-nutrition things you can do to support your fertility
- how to cultivate a 'fertile' mindset
It really is a very fun conversation and I know you are going to get a lot fo 'ah-ha's' from the wisdom that Melanie shares.
Melanie Colwell is a Fertility Coach and Clinical Hypnotherapist who helps women to get pregnant and enjoy stress-free pregnancies and calm births. Her speciality is helping women to eliminate subconscious fertility blocks, reduce stress, and assist their bodies to heal on a deeper level. You can find out more about Melanie and her Fertile Womb Program HERE
or follow her on Facebook here
This episode on the Gut Goddess Show is a little different.
It's more of a rallying cry. A prompting from my spirit. And a message women DESPERATELY need to hear.
I know in chatting with hundreds of women about there health that one of the biggest obstacles to them seeing the changes and results in their bodies is the inability to put their needs first. They wrap it up in 'serving' or being 'selfless' but really it comes down to fear and low self-worth.
The will pay for there kids ballet classes but not invest in there own health. They will agree to expensive car payments to keep there partner happy. They feel bad about the thought of buying organic butter or milk, or paying for a massage or to see a nutritionist like me. Its an epidemic and it is stopping hundreds of women living there best and fullest and most healthy lives.
And I know the rap oh so well. Years of service and giving taught me to put myself last and I paid the consequences with my health. And I don't want that for you. So in this episode, we talk about
- What I mean by being selfish
- The ripple effect and how it has transformed entire families and communities
- How years of community work and charity work left me happy in my soul but sick in my body
- Why you love and serve people the BEST when you're well
- And how to overcome this crippling mindset when it comes to your health.
- How you can embrace the #selfishisthenewselfess motto
Its a hot and controversial topic that will get you thinking! And I would love to know what you think as its a bit of vulnerable episode for me. So either leave a comment below or message me over at Instagram or Facebook.
And if you LOVE love this episode or the podcast in general then PLEASE share it – send a screenshot to your friends, share this post on Facebook – spread the word;) And of course leave a REVIEW on iTunes and if you’re not sure how to click here to find out how